Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lord of the Rings Online - Rebirth of the World

  I have been playing LotRO since Beta in early 2007.  Since then I have created several characters that have resided on the Firefoot server.  I have played all the classes except for Captain and Minstrel.   I love playing all my toons, more recently I have leveled my Champion up to 65 and I am questing in the Enedwaith area which is a great refresher after Mirkwood.

  When I played the Beta in 2007 I had created a Hobbit hunter but for the life of me I don't recall his name.  Anyways, I was taken back by the scenery, the music and the general ambiance that the game in which my favorite world had been faithfully created.  I was craving that feeling of adventure and exploring and in doing so, one day I started listening to the LotRO Academy podcast http://lotroacademy.com/ and I was finding myself wanting that beginning feeling again.  I sat and thought about what all I have done in the game and what all I have not explored or have accomplished and I realized that as time went forward, my ambition's for exploring and taking in other activities that this wonderful world has to offer was diminishing.  My priority had become leveling and gear gathering.  I am changing that.  I created a new character on the Arkenstone server.  Mundaros is his name and he is a Captain.  My goals will be to explore the land areas and all they have to offer.  One being, the ruins and the story behind them all.  LotRO is more than your everyday MMO.  LotRO has something that WoW or any MMO will never touch and that is its rich history and scenery and don't get me started about the story!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment